Born in 1966 in Trabzon, Prof. Dr. Gökhan HACIİBRAHİMOĞLU received medical studies between 1983-1989 at Istanbul University Cerrahpaşa Medical Faculty.
During the 1993 to 1999 span, he worked as an assistant at Heybeliada Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery Center. Following that, and between 1999-2000 he became The 1999-2000 Specialist in Yedikule Chest Disease and Thoracic Surgery Center.
During the year 2000, he has completed his military service at GATA Haydarpaşa Hospital Chest Disease and Thoracic Surgery Center. Then, worked as an observer at Wien Medical School in Wien, Austria.
In the period of 2000 until present Prof. Dr. Gökhan HACIİBRAHİMOĞLU have had a rich parcours that goes as follows
- 2000: Completed fellowship at Paris-Sud University, Marie-Lannelongue Hospital, Thoracic-Vascular and Transplantation Department in Paris, France.
- 2001-2004: Worked as a specialist at Yedikule Chest Disease and Thoracic Surgery Center.
- 2004-2009: Served as a specialist at Süreyyapaşa Chest Disease and Thoracic Surgery Center.
- 2008: Received the title of “Associate Professor”.
- 2009-2010: Worked at Medikal Park Bahçelievler Hospital.
- 2010-2012: Performed duties at Florence Nightingale Kızıltoprak Hospital
- 2012-2014: Served at Medikal Park Bahçelievler Hospital.
- 2015: worked as a professor at Bahçeşehir University.
- 2014-2018: worked at Medikal Park Göztepe Hospital.
Prof. Dr. Gökhan HACIİBRAHİMOĞLU has been doing private practice since the year 2018.
His area of specialization is thoracic surgery. So, he performs a majority of lung cancer surgery, mediastinoscopy, tracheostomy and cyst hydatid operations.